Thursday, July 26, 2007

death is so final

death is so final
for you are left with only memories
it's like you want to call up the person
and say i'm sorry that you have died
but death is so final
you wont pick up the phone

you wish for a time when you could
but are left with if-onlys
i regret not doing more
to remember your pretty face
or spend time with you laughing

or just be in the presense of someone so great

to thank you for sending me for tuition
all squeezed in your cream volksweagon beetle
for marrying my parents that i may live today
for baptising me in the name of our LORD
for kissing me so many a times
when i had come visit you only once

you did not even get to meet him
the one i hold so dear
i only have myself to blame
thinking had much time before you were gone
it would have been so nice for him to see
you who knew a me before him
the little girl who you packed into a beetle for class

i bought you only one gift
though you had given me so much more
and yet you held it so dear
pulling it out from deep witin your pocket
to show me just how you remembered it
you made everyone feel so cherished
when now you are only but perished

so clean the room and the sheets you once used
throw out the chocolates you once so loved
your pipe with its dust and smoke
will be alone tonight from hereon you'll see
gone are the pictures that show your life
for they are memories for a man who has left

will you remember me if me meet again?
then i can thank you for all you have given
to thank you for being in my life
even when you ask that i only know HIM

so go to HIM, i know you are there
i vouch to pray for your soul
that one day when we meet again
that death would not be as final as now.


I love you fr Fossion, and i will miss you dearly.. and not nearly as enough.